CERTIFICATON and Apprenticeship
If you are accepted and enrolled at Coolidge Academy, you can take your Skill Development classes online at your convenience. Local experts and industry leaders will guide you through content we have curated from the most trusted online resources.
THE PROGRAM | 6 months, 3 phases, 1 focus area
Apprenticeship with the Coolidge Academy has Three Phases.
Phase 1 | The Skills Development phase should take around 90 days through our online classes.
Phase 2 | The Personal Branding and Entrepreneurship Training workshops will also last about 90 days, and feature both on-site workshops and virtual webinars, at which point you will be ready to interview and be placed.
Phase 3 | Experience the real-world in a 50-60 hour paid placement at a local business in your Area of Focus.
Pursuing a Coolidge Academy Certification opens the door to:
- Industry Curated Classes
- Personal Branding Workshops
- Entrepreneurship Training
- Paid Placement
The Coolidge Academy Certification is awarded to any student who is accepted into the program and completes all three phases:
- PHASE 1 - Skills Development Classes | Choose an area of focus (ex: Media & Marketing, Web Design & Development) and complete the online classes and assignments.
- PHASE 2 - Personal Branding | Career & Entrepreneurship Training Workshops designed to develop your digital brand presence and prepare your case studies.
- PHASE 3 - Placement | At least 50-hours of paid, practical experience at a local company to build their professional network and gain first-hand knowledge of their career of interest.
Approx. 10-15 Industry Specific Classes
50+ Hour Paid Placement
The Coolidge Collective is a group of businesses, agencies and nonprofits who support the goals of the Coolidge Academy. Therefore, they offer students who complete the core courses required in each course an opportunity to do real-world work with their company in a paid 50+ hour placement.
A placement gives a student real world application to the knowledge and skills they acquired in the CA classes. Because Coolidge Academy believes that it is not who you know or what you know, but who knows you and likes you, an placement allows you the chance to begin to build relationships with local businesses.
The best pathway to employment is through relationships with local business owners.